It is currently Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:14 am
Change font size

• Advertisement

Visit the Hempology 101 store today!

Owen Smith blogs

by papapuff » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Gwen Repetski’s Struggle for Life

By Owen Smith

Since the Supreme Court ruling earlier this year that consummated our six year constitutional challenge, I’m commonly asked by people how I feel. It’s easy to say that I am very happy with the outcome insofar as it has helped innumerable people that I have never met escape unnecessary suffering.

For those who wish to understand more and who are patient and interested enough, I then begin to unravel the details of whichever of the many patient stories that comes to mind in that moment. While working at theVictoria Cannabis Buyers Club and introducing hundreds of people from all walks of life to medical cannabis, I became accustomed to the never-ending flow of heart-breaking patient’ stories and the consequent upwelling of grattitude for offering an alternative.

A major example has been the emergence of dozens of high profile cases concerning very young children with different kinds of epilepsy during the course of my six year constitutional challenge. Sanjay Gupta, CNN’s chief medical expert released three investigative reports on such children and their families and caregivers. (Link to Video) It has been my great honour to meet some of the parents and their children who have found relief from suffering by using a cannabis based medicinal extract. At this year’s Lift forum in Toronto I received grateful embraces from a some of these parents in attendance including one Alexander Repetski, the father of three year old Gwen.

While it is certainly true that despite our successes earlier this year with the Supreme Court, the mighty cost of following through on our principled quest served as a punishment in itself, but $140,000 seems like a bargain when looking Gwen Repetski’s vital, engaging eyes and considering the dramatic life changing effects that our efforts have had. By working at the Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club and breaking the law to meet the medical necessities of the community, I knew the risks I was taking on, but I did not know the extent of the benefits that my actions would create, nor did I know how good it would feel.

When I see the youthful curiosity in the Gwen Repetski’s glistening eyes, I feel a fluttering in my heart along with a sensation of lightness. They make me want to dance.

Alex’s daughter Gwen was diagnosed with intractable epilepsy at 3 months old. After 9 traditional therapies were tried, Gwen was still experiencing major seizures as well as consistent sub-clinical seizure activity. Sub-clinical seizure activity occurs without the physical shaking that is commonly recognized, “it’s like your brain is being scrambled”, which was preventing Gwen’s natural development. At 6 months old she suffered major side-effects from her steroidal injections, gaining 11 lbs. in 10 days, almost doubling her body weight. As any parent will tell you, if a treatment holds the promise to end your child’s ongoing seizures, it is worth a try.

While researching her condition he discovered cannabis. Alex found evidence dating back over 150 years that reported cannabis as an effective treatment for seizure activity. During approximately 2000 hours of research, Alex found studies showing the anti-spasmodic properties of cannabinoids and research affirming the general safety of its use. He presented his findings to the team of doctors that were taking care of Gwen. After some difficulty, one doctor took the time to read the studies that Alex brought him and was convinced that cannabis wouldn’t hurt her. He agreed to help Gwen access the MMPR.

Alex found Avidekel on the menu of MedReleaf. Avidekal is a high CBD strain with a content of 0.3 – 0.9% THC and 16 – 18% CBD originating from Tikkun Olam in Israel. Avidekal is among the most CBD dominant cultivars available. These strains incur little to none of the psycho-activity that is commonly associated with consuming cannabis. Avidekal is tested for contaminants before being sold to Alex in dried form, at which point he extracts the cannabinoids and tests his final product to ensure an accurate dose.

He admits this is a laborious process and would like to be able to purchase what is needed instead, but he does find some security in monitoring the whole process himself. It doesn’t require a chemistry degree but some basic understanding is important. He dissolves the concentrated cannabis into Avocado oil before administering a precise number of milligrams of each cannabinoid in a specific millilitre dose orally with a syringe.

Gwen hasn’t had a seizure since the second day of her treatment. EEG’s have continued to show no sub-clinical seizure activity. She is currently 80% through the process of weaning herself off of her previous conventional treatment, Valproic Acid (which didn’t offer the seizure control or benefits they have seen with cannabis). Alex says that his detail-oriented process and the measured administration of mg. doses of cannabinoids in an edible oil makes sense to her physicians. Although she is still non-verbal, her doctors are pleased with her progress and continue to monitor her situation. Side effects from her cannabis use appear to be negligible.

Since the seizures have stopped, Gwen has restored her natural ability to learn skills, drastically improving her quality of life. She is now able to crawl, to walk with assistance and perhaps soon to run. In fact, in a recent conversation with Alex I learned that Gwen just recently stood up by herself for the first time. Gwen is now able to engage with her family, “her brother thought until now that baby sisters don’t bother you.” He’s quickly learning otherwise.

Until the Supreme Court Ruling came down in June, Alex was ready to fight for his daughter in court. He was technically breaking the law in the same way that I was arrested for in 2009. He was thankful for our victory and feels the ruling has lifted a weight from his shoulders. Sometimes breaking the law is necessary to prevent the suffering of another human being. In such cases as these, the risk of punishment is far outweighed by the rewards of compassion. In the words of another heroic parent, “you have never lived until you have helped someone who can never pay you back”.

I recently interviewed Alexander Repetski on Time4Hemp radio,take a listen

(A shorter version of this article previous appeared on

by papapuff » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:19 am

Interview with House of The Great Gardener

By Owen Smith

When I was arrested and charged in 2009 for “trafficking THC” by making cannabis products for the [url= Cannabis Buyers Club[/url](V-CBC), I had a choice to make. Either I could choose the short road and strike some kind of plea bargain with the crown prosecution to have my charges reduced or take the long road of a constitutional challenge to the medical cannabis regulations. At the time, I was well aware of the travails of previous constitutional challengers who had safely found some light at the end of their long winding roads. The most recent example was the trial of [url=]R. v. Beren and Swallow[/url].

Mat Beren attended a portion of my trial in 2012, offering re-assuring words with his relaxed and friendly attitude. I recently got to interview Mat on my bi-weekly talk radio slot at Time4Hemp, Listen HERE.

The motto of Mat’s Ontario hometown is “High, Healthy and Happy”. In the Nineties, during his shamanic drum work, he began to ponder deeply how he could help to make Cannabis a better plant. Mat became aware that cannabis was being interacted with largely for the purpose of making money. His intention to help people led him to focus his attention on improving the effects that cannabis has within our bodies. In 2002 Mat travelled west in search of a place to grow cannabis in order to make people feel better.

After growing his first crop, Mat went seeking a compassion club and was directed to the Vancouver Island Compassion Society (VICS). He had eight strains, each labelled with a general profile of it’s medicinal effects. The next day he began working for the VICS and has been with them ever since.

In 2004, Mat collaborated with the VICS to help start the Vancouver Island Cannabis Therapeutic Research Institute (VICTRI) . Mat can still remember all the red laser scopes dotting it’s hallway later that year when it was raided by police. In a response similar to mine in 2009, Mat launched a constitutional court battle that would last 6 years. He was represented by Kirk Tousaw, an expert in constitutional law, who was also my counsel.

Mat was given an absolute discharge (guilty but no criminal record). This precedent gave me some confidence when choosing to launch my own challenge in 2009. Health Canada was given a year to change the Medical Marihuana Access Regulations to allow for more than three licensed growers to share a facility and for a licensed grower to provide for more than one patient. Health Canada responded in the most minimal way possible, allowing for four growers instead of three in the same space and for each grower to provide for two instead of only one patient.

Seeing as Mat was growing for 400 patients at the VICS, this was not an adequate response. In some ways RvBeren could be seen as foundational to the formation of the MMPR, which was introduced four years later and has more thoroughly addressed the need for large production facilities and co-operation among growers.

After the trial Mat formed House of the Great Gardener to provide seeds to club members who may want to grow their own. Offering the varieties that had been routinely tried and tested by club members, he has continued to cultivate strains that target particular needs based on feedback from the VICS. Mat now has an arsenal of cannabis genetics spanning the Sativa to Indica scale and plunging deeply into CBD territory.

Mat believes that prohibition caused growers to breed CBD out of their cultivars in an attempt to maximize profitability. As dispensaries emerged, focusing on feedback from medicinal users, CBD began to make it’s comeback. House of the Great Gardener have recently released CBD René, the latest in a project geared toward creating flavourful CBD rich cannabis. They make CBD Caramels that have received positive feedback from dispensary members for their non-psychoactive medicinal effects.

Mat has been collecting trophies from cannabis competitions across Canada and around the world. His “full melt dry sift” became world renown after winning 2nd place at the Amsterdam High Times cup. In collaboration with bubbleman, he has since mastered more dry sift purification techniques.

He is an advocate of Rosin, which Mat makes using water hash in Tea Bags under the pressure and heat of a T-shirt press. He notes it can be made well enough with a digital hair straightener at 180F. He praises it’s smooth smoke, solvent free purity and short processing time but acknowledges that the process loses terpenes. Because it avoids the use of “highly flammable solvents”, Rosin is one of the methods of concentration that is permitted to those protected under the Allard Injunction in Health Canada’s recent Section 56 exemptions.

Kirk Tousaw, Me and Mat Beren

He sees the exemption 56’s as an inadequate response to the Supreme Court of Canada ruling in my case earlier this year. Similarly to 2009 when Health Canada side-stepped the courts order from his trial, H.C. has re-introduced arbitrary restrictions, such as a low-dose limitation, that will inevitably lead to further litigation in the courts.

Mat laments that Licensed Producers are bound by Health Canada’s over-restrictive regulations. He applauds LP’s for engaging in the move forward, and thinks that apart from prohibiting patients from growing their own, the MMPR has been a move in the right direction. Mat is currently protected by the Allard court injunction and is keenly waiting with thousands of others to hear a decision from the judge if they can retain their legal right to grow cannabis.

Mat’s story serves as an example of how larger-scale facilities can provide quality cannabis and through patient feedback improve the plant for everybody. Let’s hope Licensed Producers are taking notes. Mat believes that apart from being licensed by Health Canada and having much larger facilities (that would presumably reduce the price) LP’s don’t have an advantage over home growers. Large scale facilities have to maintain an equal if not greater level of scrutiny at their grow sites to avoid the many difficulties that can occur when growing quality medicinal cannabis.

Mat continues to blaze a trail many years after his road of trials had come to an end. Check out House of the Great Gardener online and Listen to my interview with Mat Beren at Time4Hemp HERE

(Article previously appeared on LiftCannabis)

by papapuff » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:40 pm

LiftCannabis Forum, Vancouver Nov 12th

By Owen Smith

LiftCannabis is hosting their third cannabis conference of 2015. Previous events have focused exclusively on medical cannabis in relation to the difficulties patients and providers were faced with under the conservative government. With a new government that promises cannabis legalization, this event and future events will engage the topic of general adult use.

Watch Videos From the Toronto 2015 Conference HERE

Event organiser David Brown summarizes, “While our first Vancouver forum focussed on existing medical regulations and standards in Canada, we look forward to expanding the conversation this time around to look at regulatory platforms for recreational legalization in Canada as well as how to preserve medical access as these laws change.”

In these exciting times with a new government that promises cannabis legalization it is important that Canadians of all areas of interest become engaged in the developing dialogue. Thursday November 12th at UBC Robson Square is a perfect opportunity to begin to contribute to what you feel will be critical to a successful set of legal cannabis regulations.

A panel of industry participants will be posed questions by moderator Hilary Black, the founder of the BC Compassion Club Society and community services representative for Bedrocan Canada. Participants will also get to ask questions and are encouraged to come early to speak with the following list of exhibitors.

The event begins at 4:30 and goes until 9:30. Tickets are 35 or 25 for students. I attended the previous two and will be at this one. I look forward to meeting and speaking with fellow pioneers of the rapidly developing Canadian cannabis industry.

Learn more about the Panelists and the LiftCannabis Event HERE.

by papapuff » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:02 am

Grass Fed: A New Canadian Edible Cannabis Documentary

Owen Smith

Medical cannabis patients come from all walks of life, they may be a retired sea captain, an aspiring dog groomer, a taxi driver, a nurse, a competitive swimmer, you name it. Medical cannabis patients are not always easy to pick out of a crowd (unless they’re smoking a joint). Thankfully, documentary filmmaker Ezra Soiferman has given us a snapshot into the life experiences of Mike Patterson, a Montreal Comedian with Sciatica and debilitating back pain.

Mike, like so many potential cannabis consumers, has avoided its use because of the negative health effects and unpleasant experience he has when smoking. He found that smoking cannabis often led to anxiety and was often concerned about arrest and police harassment for breaking the law. Due to these limitations, he has avoided trying cannabis as a medicine until now. Grass Fed takes us on Mike’s medicinal cannabis mission to discover how to legally gain access to the plant; how to enjoy ingesting it safely; and to explore places where cannabis is all-out legal for adult use.

He visits Tweed and is given a facility tour by president Mark Zekulin, who after parading him past a pristine array of plants, admits that Mike will have to process the dried marihuana they provide him with at home if he wants to eat it. Mike and his fiancée Monika visit Adam Greenblat in Montreal’s Santé Cannabis, a clinic that helps patients access their medicine as well as learn how to properly use it. He meets other medical cannabis patients who share stories and support.

In the United States he visits a California Grow Collective where patients share the duties and bounties of a community crop, a model which gives patients gardening time and cheap medicine. In Denver he meets a gourmet chef with a passion for medical cannabis cooking and is introduced to modern products with precise cannabinoid doses. He even tries a transdermal patch. The journey is broken up by short snippets of information about hemp, the history of medical cannabis in Canada, the effects of different Cannabinoids and tips on ingestion methods.

What I really like about this documentary is that not only is Mike learning about how to manage his back pain with cannabis but he is also focusing on his general health. His dietary transformation and regular exercise serve as an excellent example to other patients who stand to benefit from complementing their medicinal consumption with positive lifestyle choices. The results speak for themselves. Mike is inspired to success by his love Monika, vowing to drop 50 lbs. before their wedding day in Mexico.

Grass Fed is funny, informative and inspirational all at once. Whether it’s joking about eating kale, talking about Industrial Hemp, or witnessing the support of his friends and family, Mike’s Life-altering Journey offers something for everyone. With very little experience but a lot of determination, Mike shows what’s possible with a combination of exercise, support, courage and cannabis. The end of the movie has a twist that should be familiar to readers! Overall, Grass Fed’s high quality production and enjoyable Soundtrack make it a highly recommended movie for Canadians interested in cannabis.

Grass Fed Airs

Tuesday, Nov 24th, 9pmET on the CBC Documentary Channel

Watch the Trailer

Grass Fed Facebook page

How viewers can watch CBC Documentary Channel on cable:

(previously appeared at LiftCannabis)

by papapuff » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Ted Smith Interviews Owen Smith and Kirk Tousaw

Owen Smith

Ted Smith and I are known largely for our work in British Columbia’s capital, Victoria, on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. However we both now live north of Victoria, amongst the temperate rainforest near unassuming Duncan. This is also the home of our constitutional lawyer and Supreme Court champion Kirk Tousaw. This area has long been a dead zone for cannabis access, with no compassion clubs existing up until very recently.

Warmland Medicinal Cannabis Centre opened it’s doors recently to the community of Mill Bay, becoming the closest cannabis dispensary in proximity to Ted and myself, respectively. Warmland was foudned by Chris Clay, who has a deep history with cannabis advocacy that includes his own journey to the Supreme Court of Canada alongside David Malmo-Levine and Randy Caine.

Chris invited Ted, Kirk and myself to speak shortly after his dispensary opened. I recorded the event and it has been published on Ted grills Kirk and I about our constitutional challenge in front of a room full of medical cannabis patients and caregivers.

Part One – Owen Smith

Part Two – Kirk Tousaw

by papapuff » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Cannabis and Teamwork: The Blazers

(Photo via Warren Chan)

Owen Smith

After I finished high school there were just a few social groups that I remained in contact with: there were my soccer buddies and my weed smoking friends, two groups that overlapped. Part of this overlapping group were some of my closest friends. After a day of smoking cannabis and running around kicking and juggling soccer balls for hours on end, we would return to one of our friends basements to play soccer video games and smoke more weed.

One night while our thumbs twiddled manically in this stereotypical stoner setting, we struck upon an idea. After naming all of the players in our video game after our friends we thought the next logical step should be starting our own soccer team made up of all our friends. Light bulbs turned on. Our new team would be dubbed “The Blazers” because blazing was one of the common term we use for smoking cannabis and also an inconspicuous term for those parents/fans who weren’t ‘in the know’.

We started an offshoot business called Blazing Earth Works and sold our labour for various gardening and landscaping jobs to raise funds. We chose jobs that were suitable for an afternoon smoke break, no heavy machinery. We began recruiting friends and siblings who we knew would be excited by the idea of the soccer team who all smoked weed. We met regularly to juggle together, play passing games and run about after a thorough smoke session.

It just so happened that we were really good. According with the Vancouver Island Soccer League rules, we launched our team into division six, the lowest of the men’s leagues. We finished first and were promoted. The added social experience together that we had while smoking cannabis contributed to team cohesion and good attendance to practices. The following year we finished first again and were promoted from the fifth to the fourth division. Perhaps our highest point was defeating a top level team in a cup match at their home stadium and then hot boxing their changing rooms.

It is a solemn fact that sports incur injuries and I saw some of my friends fall victim to serious permanent physical damage. As I entered my twenties it became apparent how many players on my team or others were wearing knee or ankle braces. This was all the incentive I needed to stop playing competitive level sports. My injured friends were restricted to video games in their respective basements/bedrooms where their cannabis use served medicinal purposes on top of the enjoyment that was customary.

I soon left Victoria and The Blazers behind in search of deeper purpose in my life, but I remember fondly the bonds that were forged by this small group of soccer-loving cannabis-smoking friends. After traveling British Columbia with my backpack for a few years I returned to Victoria and soon became a cannabis baker at the V-CBC. When I was arrested in 2009 I was left to sit for 8 hours in the Victoria police interrogation room. I had recently lost my wallet and all of my identification with it. The officers believed that I might be concealing my identity and began asking series after series of questions to determine if I was indeed who I said I was.

By a stroke of luck, unbeknownst to me, one of the former blazers had since become the Victoria police officer. He happened to stroll by the interrogation room and decided to take a peek inside. Recognizing me he confirmed my identity and entering the cell said, “Hello Owen, I wouldn’t expect to see you in here”. This officer was later involved with moving all of the infused oils that were seized from the bakery into the evidence locker. They dropped one jar that broke on the concrete floor. The smell must have been overpowering and the liquid lecithin that was stirred into the oils is terribly difficult to clean up.

The blazers finished fourth in division 2 in 2012 before disbanding, the team had slowly moved from a pioneer weed smoking franchise to a run-of-the-mill beer drinking boys club. The clubhouse had been damaged during keg powered dance parties and one team member tragically died after a night of heavy drinking. The rise and fall of the blazers offers an example of how the bond formed among cannabis users can be utilized to enhance other areas of our lives. We were bold and took risks that other teams in the country would never have dared. As prohibition is repealed and cannabis using people feel safe to come out of their basements, we will see the stereotype of a pot smoker as the lazy loner replaced by the cannabis user as a successful team player.

For those who live in Victoria, BC, Hempology 101 organizes Team 420 events that harness the co-operative spirit of healthy and happy cannabis users. Stay tuned to the Cannabis Digest Blog for upcoming events.

by papapuff » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:11 pm

Sing a Cannabis Carol For the Holiday Season

Owen Smith

Medical cannabis patients may be celebrating this holiday season with festive infusions that relieve their pain and lift their spirits. It has been a successful year for the cannabis movement from our Supreme Court of Canada victory to the election of a government friendlier to the plant. The Hempology 101 Society and the Cannabis Digest would like to invite you to sing your hearts out with us in recognition of this growing momentum.

You can participate in Public. Hempology has sung cannabis carols to the Victoria public for the past decade, publishing a coloring book of songs and selling it for $2 in its online store. They are organizing a smokin’ sing out on Wednedsday, December 23rd outside City Hall in downtown Victoria. Here is A LINK to the facebook event page if you would like to join this years chorus.

If you can’t make it, perhaps you can sing one at work at in your classroom like this guy.

Cannabis Christmas Carols with the Classroom pothead

You can participate at Home. The cannabis carols can be read on the cannabis digest blog HERE. You can make a video of yourself singing one or all of the cannabis carols; you can write your own cannabis carol or draw and paint a picture. Let your cannabis inspiration flow into creativity and song during these long winter nights and send it to us ( so we can share it in an upcoming blog.

Here is a video of me singing Rudolf the Red Haired Outdoor. Skip Ahead to 3:10.

What’s up Doc? Strain Science and The Hemp Car - Cannabis Video Digest

Grab a copy of the Hempology 101 Cannabis Carols Here

by papapuff » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Cannabis in Ireland – Part 1 – History

Part 1 – History

Owen Smith

The future of Cannabis seems bright in North America. U.S States are legalizing one-by-one while the entire country of Canada sits pending it’s own legalization plan. While in contravention of out-dated UN treaties, Canada stands ready to lead a rebellion against the global drug war. Elsewhere in the world, countries are watching with envy and curiosity. One country that has a long history of its own rebellious action, but a lesser known history with cannabis is Ireland.

I recently took a short trip to Ireland where cannabis news stories are few and far between, dominated mostly by comparably small drug busts. For the week and a half I was touring the country I had a few opportunities to expand my knowledge of Ireland, the land of many shades of green. Ireland is covered in ancient sites, dating human activity back as early as 4000 BC. It is also historically a land of invasion and displaced communities. Ruins of castles, forts and abandoned towns are scattered across the verdant patchwork of of hills rolling into the distance. Wave after wave of powerful foreign armies raided Ireland’s coastlines, creating the capital, Dublin, to take advantage of it’s location for trade.

In the southern town of Kinsale, in an antique shop, Coco and I found a section of a 17th century book of law that referred to Hemp. The dusty old book showed the appropriate customs fees that are to be attributed to each “HogsHead” of Hemp that was to be exported. Fees were due unless an “Oath be made before the Commissioner that it is of the Growth of Ireland”.

After obtaining dominance of Ireland in the 17th Century, Queen Elizabeth I sought to encourage Irish farmers to grow hemp for supply to English factories. England removed customs taxes on hemp imports from Ireland but the Irish were already using hemp fibre alongside wool to develop their own textiles industry. Britain soon began confiscated Irish wool products, thereby forcing farmers to rely on Hemp production that would be shipped to English factories to produce sails for ships. Hemp was also used as rope to hang Irish rebels.

A plan was developed to drain Ireland’s great peat bogs to acquire over a million acres of land to grow hemp for the British navy. The plan was abandoned as the imminent threat of Napoleon’s Armies receded and the cost of bog development grew. Many were worried that their primary source for fuel, which came from burning chunks of peat would be put in jeopardy by these plans. (source)

While the Irish were being forced to grow hemp for the British Military, others saw the plant as an opportunity for Irish sovereignty. In 1866, Irish scholar and prominent figure of the Gaelic Literary Revival, George Sigerson released a 32 page pamphlet entitled Cannabiculture in Ireland; its profit and possibility, calling for the mass production of hemp in Ireland to help the struggling economy.

Irish born William O’Shaughnessy had begun to explore the therapeutic benefits and potentials of “Indian hemp” or cannabis at medical college in Calcutta. O’ Shaughnessy established his reputation by successfully relieving the pain of rheumatism and stilling the convulsions of an infant with cannabis. He popularized the use of medicinal cannabis and is credited for the introduction of cannabis indica to western medicine.

O’Shaughnessy’s many lectures and publications spread knowledge of medicinal cannabis throughout Canada and the US. Thanks to his careful documentation, local doctors and chemists were able produce their own potent tinctures. After his death the Dublin Quarterly Journal of Science published the following as part of his eulogy.

“If the history of the Materia Medica were to be divided into Epochs, each determined by the discovery of some remedy of transcendent power, the period of the introduction of Indian hemp into medicine would be entitled to the distinction of a new era… The [Irish] public and the profession owe a deep debt of gratitude to professor O’Shaughnessy.”

These contributions to western medicine laid the framework for modern research into cannabis’ medicinal uses. Unfortunately, the shadow of cannabis prohibition fell as heavily on Ireland as anywhere, and further contributions by the emerald isle to cannabiculture were slowed to a hault. Ireland is now the largest net exporter of pharmaceuticals in the EU accounting for over 50% of all exports from the country. (source)

Stay Tuned for Part 2 of Cannabis in Ireland on the Cannabis Digest Blogs.

by papapuff » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:03 pm

Cannabis in Ireland – Part 2 – The Law Today

Owen Smith

Despite claiming independence from British rule in the 20th century, the Republic of Ireland’s approach to cannabis prohibition has remained in step with the Empire.

The Misuse of Drugs Act was created in the 1970s, and has seen recent amendments including the Psychoactive Substances Act of 2010. In a similar style to that of the United States, Ireland categorizes illegal drugs into Schedules, and has placed cannabis in Schedule 1 alongside “substances considered by the state to have no medicinal or scientific value with consideration given regarding their likelihood of being abused.” Ireland’s national police force, the Garda Síochána or “Gardai,” are seen regularly in the news media talking up their latest cannabis bust

(me outside Dublin Hemp Company)

I had a chance to speak with employees of the Dublin Hemp Company about how accessible cannabis is to the Irish public. There is no program established for legal access to cannabis for medicinal use. If you are lucky enough to find a grower with high quality cannabis, expect to pay up to €20/$30 a gram. I was reassured that at least in Dublin, Gardai are more likely to confiscate or destroy your cannabis than arrest and charge you.

While TetraHydrocannabinol (THC) is a tightly restricted and highly valued compound, Cannabidiol (CBD) derived from hemp is legal and relatively cheap. The Dublin Hemp Company sell CBD products derived from hemp grown in Ireland including a topical balm, an edible paste, and a CBD vaporizer. I tried their frozen fresh hemp juice cubes. One employee related to me a story of a mother’s joy in finding that these CBD products were helping to treat her child’s seizures.

(frozen fresh hemp juice cubes)

There is hope that the drug laws will soon change in Ireland. The country’s drugs minister has recently announced a move towards decriminalising substances including heroin, cocaine, and cannabis as part of a “radical cultural shift” in how they regard substance use and “misuse.” (source) They will also introduce safe injection sites. “Research has shown that the use of supervised injecting centres is associated with self-reported reductions in injection-associated risk behaviours.”

Perhaps Ireland is ready to join the global shift in drug policy that Canada now finds itself embracing. Many individuals and groups have contributed to changing the minds and hearts of the Canadian public and its political representatives. In the third part of this series i will talk about one Irishman that has led that charge of cannabis activism on the Emerald Isle.

by papapuff » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Cannabis in Ireland–Part 3 – Luke “Ming the Merciless” Flanagan

Owen Smith

Many individuals and groups have contributed to change the minds and hearts of the Canadian public and their political representatives. It is because of the actions of these people that Canada is now preparing to remove prohibitions against cannabis. In Ireland, one man stands out as a seminal figure and catalyst in Ireland’s change of heart: Luke “Ming the Merciless” Flanagan. I highly recommend watching the entertaining Life and Crimes of Citizen Ming on Youtube. (it’s also linked at the bottom)

In 1997, while beginning his career as an independent politician Luke struggled for attention and was arrested for cannabis possession. Rather than pay a fine, Luke chose to face the jail term in order to raise awareness about the cannabis laws. Although his father stepped in and paid the fine, he was later jailed for ‘littering’ after putting up campaign posters.

He struggled successfully to raise funds to run in subsequent elections but suffered a series of defeats. Undeterred, he was eventually he was elected as the representative for Roscommon–South. In 2014 he was elected as an Irish representative at the European Parliament.

Canadian politicians have spoken about legalization as a concept, but have yet to break down the nitty gritty of how it can work. Luke Flanagan TD introduced a motion in the Irish parliament to Legalize and Regulate cannabis. He shortly after created the Cannabis Regulation Bill that would create a legal framework for both recreational and medicinal use. His conviction and eloquence when speaking about cannabis is all the more pleasing to listen to in the cadence of his Irish accent.

His Bill would create an authority to regulate cultivation, sale, labelling, advertising and marketing of cannabis; It would allow home growing, commercial cultivation and the creation of cannabis social clubs; It would mandate a research institute to educate the public; It would make 6 Plants maximum and 1 oz. possession permitted. He also suggested not for profit cannabis social clubs where an established grower could provide for up to 50 people.

The Cannabis Regulation Bill was not passed, perhaps due to Luke’s independent party status, which makes it difficult for him to obtain the required amount of votes on any issue. He isn’t giving up. He has helped to launch NORML Ireland which now has 2 practicing doctors with years of experience with addiction treatment.

Ireland is now the largest net exporter of pharmaceuticals in the EU accounting for over 50% of all exports from the country. (source) With medicinal cannabis research and the endocannabinoid signalling system undergoing a monumental resurgence of interest, perhaps Ireland has the likes of another O’Shaugnessy to offer the world.

This is the end of my series on Cannabis in Ireland.

The Life and Crimes of Citizen Ming

I also suggest watching the documentary called The 41st Shade for more about the modern cannabis situation in Ireland.

by agrohimggz » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Приветствую Вас дамы и господа!

Минеральные удобрения– вещества, имеющие неорганическую природу происхождения. Они традиционно используются в сельском хозяйстве, так как являются более доступными, чем органические, дают быстрый положительный эффект, и имеют широкий спектр действия. Также их гораздо удобнее и дешевле транспортировать.
1)аммиачная селитра купить в минске - Минеральные удобрения купить в Минске можно самовывозом в течении 20 минут, либо c оперативной доставкой.Покупая у нас, вы можете заказать товар, как оптом, так и в розницу. Крупным заказчикам всегда предоставляются скидки в объеме соответствующей величине сделки между нами.
2)минеральные удобрения купить Минск - Мы предлагаем вам приобрести только комплексные препараты, позволяющие полностью насытить потребности растения после обработки. Наши поставщики имеют в штате квалифицированных специалистов, способных точно произвести расчёты и анализ почвы, а на основе этих показателей создать для вас удобрения с идеальным набором макро- и микроэлементов.
3)неорганические удобрения купить - Каждый товар проходит тщательные клинические испытания на различных видах почв и только после этого запускается в серийное производство. Вы можете использовать нашу продукцию не только в целях крупной агрокорпорации с тысячами гектаров земли, но и для облагораживания приусадебного участка, дачных посевов.
4)минеральные удобрения в Беларуси - Мы заботимся о том, чтобы предоставляемый нами сервис был высокого уровня. В этом нам помогает наличие главного офиса, складов для готовой продукции, сети дилеров. Кроме того, мы дорожим своей репутацией и несем ответственность за качество нашего товара.
Нам будет приятно видеть у нас на сайте НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ

удобрение в гранулах
требования минеральным удобрениям
лучшее удобрение цветов
торговля минеральными удобрениями
аммофоска состав
органоминеральные удобрения
вьюнок полевой гербициды
выбрать удобрения
жидкое удобрение бона форте
азотные удобрения аммиак
минеральное удобрение помидор
аммофос действующее вещество
вносить аммиачную селитру почву
удобрение почвы
удобрения ядохимикаты
удобрения вносимые почву осенью
удобрение камелии
удобрение железо
какое удобрение для орхидеи
атланте толука
аммиачная селитра купить в минске 1 кг
диаммофоска описание
земледелие удобрение
удобрение для смородины
дозы внесения удобрений
получают удобрения
какие минеральные удобрения вносят осенью
калийное удобрение малины
гербициды применяются
карбамид аммиачная селитра
применение жидкого комплексного удобрения
флоровит удобрение голубики
удобрения для посевов
фосфорные удобрения
модификация минеральных удобрений
позин технология минеральных удобрений
аммиачная селитра получить
основное внесение удобрений
свойства минеральных удобрений
удобрения для растений
разводить аммиачную селитру удобрения
искусственные удобрения
комплексы удобрений
диаммофоска производители
аммиачная селитра где
калийные удобрения цвет
азотно калийные удобрения
содержание калия в калийных удобрениях
удобрение почвы селитрой
протравитель табу инструкция

by lavernecj11 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:12 pm

My novel time
interacial porn websites hentai porn girls final fansty yuna porn roanoke porn stores naked porn pics

by MCedaylax » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:42 am

How To Merge Songs With Android And IPhone ... r&id=86457 ... r&id=54003 ... &id=914929 ... er&id=2004 ... er&id=8276 ... r&id=10680 ... r&id=29367 ... &id=437109 ... ser&id=670 ... r&id=20397 ... r&id=64977 ... ser&id=519 http://www.municipalidadnuevoprogreso.g ... &id=460994 ... &id=101380 ... &id=108637 ... &id=205617 ... r&id=68565 ... r&id=39817 ... &id=754029 ... r&id=54660 ... r&id=45191 ... r&id=20822 ... r&id=28307 ... r&id=32096 ... &id=163999 ... &id=181231 ... user/88910 ... &id=254071 ... r&id=26439 ... ser/244678 ... r&id=12598 ... ser&id=744 ... r&id=28299 ... &id=102527 ... r&id=75786 ... r&id=27726 ... r&id=78733 ... r&id=54110 ... r&id=56273 ... r&id=60997 ... er&id=1230 ... &id=157594 ... r&id=56131 ... r&id=97541 ... r&id=99572 ... r&id=12542 ... r&id=18214 ... r&id=91402 ... r&id=85772 ... &id=111528 ... user/39563 ... &id=183678 ... &id=112724 ... &id=100777 ... r&id=60920 ... &id=995565 ... &id=440363 ... &id=256320 ... &id=440363 ... r&id=21187 ... r&id=10039 ... er&id=9671 ... &id=107093 ... er&id=1948 ... r&id=39731 http://www.xn--24-6kcpvmt9bzb.xn--p1ai/ ... &id=441813 ... &id=104509 http://www.xn--m1ae0a.xn--p1ai/ ... id=1227725 ... &id=801923 ... &id=521583 http://xn----7sbochfmvkmmjqe7mb2a.xn--p ... &id=287167 ... r&id=55542 ... &id=237842 ... &id=109142 ... r&id=76559 ... r&id=22179 ... r&id=39270 ... r&id=13035 ... &id=167706 ... r&id=39967 ... r&id=43815 ... &id=226274 ... &id=115693 ... &id=193975 ... &id=115566 ... r&id=68881 ... &id=390865 ... &id=492045 ... r&id=64596 ... r&id=80925 ... r&id=21913 ... &id=243534 ... r&id=66712 ... r&id=49589 ... er&id=8270 ... er&id=2184 ... r&id=13019 ... user/13019 ... &id=105152 ... ser/169770 ... &id=515979 ... ser/515979 ... id=2279974 ... r&id=65836 ... er&id=3104 ... er&id=2285 ... &id=274125 ... ser&id=748 ... &id=104909 ... er&id=1499 ... r&id=81681 ... er&id=1819 ... &id=221965 ... r&id=64538 ... &id=160189

by teernogs » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Free audio cutter software program to chop or merge audio files. Does precisely the one thing it must do perfectly. My venture concerned attempting to merge four dozen or so tracks, so as, from every folder so every folder constituted one track, with every folder representing about an hours worth of material. I expected to have the ability to do this simply in Audacity and was very, very wrong; it could've taken a half hour each in Audacity. With this software, I solely had to Select All in every folder and drag & drop them. They landed in the identical order and took lower than 20 seconds to finish each. Solely 20 seconds. I used to be anticipating flaws at such pace and found none; it labored perfectly on my cellphone. Once the files are dragged & dropped into the software, you simply Choose All again and select Merge from the file options. You possibly can even enter metadata to boot.
It has the ability to affix nearly all audio codecs equivalent to MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE, AC3, AIFF, MP2, M4A, CDA, VOX, RA, RAM, TTA and lots of extra to MP3, WMA, WAV and OGG. At the identical time, altering the bitrates of audio information for better efficiency on your cell phone, MP3 participant, or different media devices is a piece of cake.
Free Merge MP3 enables you to create audio compilations at prime quality, which you could play on your pc, on distant units or burn on a CD. You could set the standard and compression levels, leaning in the direction of higher sound and bigger file size or smaller size and lesser audio high quality. The software program can course of the files in a short time and lets you view the evolution with the assistance of the progress bar.
On the main panel, click on Add Media Information and select the audio information you'd like to hitch collectively. There's almost no restriction concerning the format of the output information, so you can use this system as an MP3 combiner, upload WMA files, or much more esoteric codecs like FLAC or APE. While merge mp3 software free download you upload audio information to the program, they are going to be routinely joined together and positioned on the Timeline one after one other within the order through which they were added. You may change the order by merely transferring the recordsdata around on the Timeline.
Total, Free MP3 Cutter Joiner is primary on performance and has a very outdated wanting interface. The appliance solely supports MP3 files and the shortage of options lets this software down. If you must work with MP3s and no other formats, and want solely basic performance, Free MP3 Cutter Joiner will be ok for your needs.
One of the nifty issues about Home windows is that you can do quite a lot of cool stuff using the bottom command line utilities that include the operating system. The copy command, for instance, can truly merge MP3s into one. Free MP3 Cutter Joiner is pretty correct and has the ability to edit recordsdata within one millisecond. This can be very useful if you want to do things like make your personal ringtones.
Break up files: this function is used to divide a large MP3 file into other smaller ones. The person just wants to determine the start and the top of the part he wants to extract. А free online app you need to use to hitch a number of audio tracks into one. It supports crossfading and all fashionable file codecs.
not only cuts your files but reduces the sound quality down to 32kbps. So, it isn't usable for high quality audio. Came with a myriad of extra merge mp3 software free download crap that put in extra toolbars on browsers and caused by antivirus program to work time beyond regulation defending my pc from threats.
Free Merge MP3 is a light-weight and easy to make use of software program, designed that will help you join multiple audio recordsdata right into a single monitor, with custom quality settings. It allows you to add the desired songs to the processing checklist and easily kind them within the order of rendering, then set the standard choices and let the software program merge the recordsdata.

by Justlah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Tabletten Levitra 20 Mg Order 60 Mg Orlistat Online By Fedex cialis buy online Isotretinoin With Next Day Delivery Preis Viagra 50 Mg Viagra Para Diabeticos Viagra Y Cialis <a href=>cialis</a> Indian Euromed Viagra Cialis Diario Argentina Kamagra Jelly 100 Mg Le Havre Where To Buy Discount Real Progesterone Visa - cialis Levitra Per Uberweisung Bestellen Cheap Genuine Kamagra

Return to Cannabis Digest

• Advertisement