Follow
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:46 pm
Change font size

• Advertisement

TEAM 420

by Steph » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:56 pm

They do look amazing! I have a lovely ladies' one in hot pink. I absolutely ADORE it! I would also like to mention that it is made of organic hemp and cotton!!!

That's quality.

They can be purchased from the club or at the dodgeball game this Saturday at the very reasonable price of $25.
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." Genesis 1:29
Steph

Advertisement

by Foxxphyre » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:42 pm

I'm excited to get mine! I'm definitely lobbying for an egyptian blue shirt color though...
Foxxphyre

by Minneh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 pm

I am happy with mine too but would like to see a few lime green ones.

Great job Peoplez. :D
Minneh
"We teach best that which we most need to learn." Richard Bach in Illusions.
Eventually everything connects - Charles Eames 1907-1978
"Activism is my rent for living on this planet." Alice Walker
Minneh

Location: Kenyan since July 68, arrived in Canada 4 July 96, granted Permanent Residence in Canada 12 Jan.2010

by SeaOfGreen » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Peace

Last Night Team 420 held a Dodge ball practice. We held it at local school gym. Once we got most rules in place, and team practice done. We were all charged up to play a game. But having only Team 420 present, it would make for a small game. So I went over to the local community center, to see if any teenagers, and the youth center itself, wanted to take us on in a game of dodge ball. So with the youth putting a quick team together, they came in, with there hyper youth energy, and sure gave us one hell of a great time and game. The teenagers loved our Teams name. But wanted to kick our asses. Which they kind of did, lol.

This community, we held it at, is Victoria's, lowest family income. It was really cool to have Team420, getting these youth out to play in a organized event. Instead of the youth of the hood, looking to create there own. which sometimes isn't the best interest for them. Let alone Team420 entering a bunch of sporting events, I also can see how Team420 can make a little difference, within a community of youths. Thank you for all who came out and added there time into this.

I sure know i got my ass kicked by these youths, I am sore as hell today, lol, not as young as I think I am.

SeaOfGreen
SeaOfGreen

by Minneh » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Awesome report my friend. Keep them coming.
Minneh

Location: Kenyan since July 68, arrived in Canada 4 July 96, granted Permanent Residence in Canada 12 Jan.2010

by Minneh » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:23 pm

Go TEAM420!

I woke up at 8:00am this morning excited about cheering at the Save On Foods.

I met up with a member for breakfast and off we went to cheer. It is the most fun I have had in a long time. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

My thinking is that someone else will post more pictures. I have three here. The one of the team is not very clear because it was taken through plastic but is shows TEAM420 in action. I am so proud to be associated with TEAM420.

Here are the photos.
The team in action
Our friend
My self

My beloved is on call this week so he could not come out but I promise I had fun for two or more.

All work no play makes Minneh and others dull boys :lol:.

Loved it.
Awwwwww!
Minneh

by papapuff » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:46 pm

papapuff

by Minneh » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:16 pm

That is so cool. :cool:

Thanks for sharing Papapuff and good footage SeaOfGreen.

All the players did awesome. It was nice to see you there Cannajim with your young one. Much fun.

Let it rip...
Minneh

by papapuff » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Here's some more pictures :D

papapuff

by tedsmith » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:01 am

The dodgeball tournament was awesome. Thnx to everyone who came to play with TEAM 420 or cheer us on. While we did not win many games, Herb did win the prize for the best costume!

This is only the beginning!
LEGALIZATION BY EDUCATION
tedsmith

by Minneh » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Awwwwwww!
Minneh

by SeaOfGreen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:19 pm

Peace

If you cant beat Herb , Then join in, Passes to the left. Great to see Herb won. LOL, SeaOfGreen
SeaOfGreen

by tedsmith » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 pm

TEAM 420 will host it's 1st drop-in dodgeball night in Victoria on Thurs Aug 20 from 8 to 10pm at University West, in the gym. These will be held the 3rd Thurs of each month. One half the gym will be used by competitive types like me and the other half of the gym will have people in wheelchairs, kids and other less athletic folks playing.
LEGALIZATION BY EDUCATION
tedsmith

by Foxxphyre » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:09 pm

TEAM 420 Rolls Out!

Victoria, B.C.

August 16, 2009

TEAM 420 is coming to the rescue for lazy, listless stoners! Gone are the days of the unmotivated, unhealthy pothead stereotype ¬¬- TEAM 420 is getting the chronics of the world off the couch and into the games. By promoting an active, hemp-based lifestyle and showing support for participants who embrace it, we will dispel the negative myths surrounding cannabis while encouraging disorganized sports for the chronically impaired!

The team was originally formed to compete in the annual Zone Dodgeball Championships but, like all good ideas, TEAM 420 quickly took off on its own. As we planned for the tournament we were astonished at how many people wanted to participate. It became clear that we would have to open it up to the community at large. TEAM 420 was born with the goal of encouraging and promoting hemp-themed teams and individual athletes across all disciplines and skill levels.

From these humble beginnings, TEAM 420 set its sights on creating a community of participants and supporters by attracting individuals and teams who want to play under the TEAM 420 banner. Along with the dodgeball team, cheerleaders and several individual athletes, we are aiming to have TEAM 420 dragonboaters, skate/snowboarders, and even break into University of Victoria intramural sports. TEAM 420 is also planning to send contingents to the Vancouver Sun Run and the Easter Seals 24 hour Relay for kids, among other major events over the next year. Most of all, we want to see TEAM 420 logos on athletes everywhere!

In addition to supporting athletic endeavours, TEAM 420 is dedicated to showcasing the effectiveness of a hemp-based lifestyle for healthy and eco-friendly living. Ted Smith, the Captain of TEAM 420, has been vegetarian for the last 13 years. He is living proof of the health benefits of hemp protein, a major cornerstone of his diet. At 40 years of age, he is at the peak of physical fitness. Following his lead, TEAM 420 advocates the use of a range of hemp products for food, health and clothing. The huge amount of easily digestible protein contained in the hemp seed, coupled with all the amino and essential fatty acids necessary for the human diet, make hemp the perfect power food. Hemp is also one of the most environmentally friendly crops to grow with high yield per acre for food and fibre and an impressive rate of returning nutrients to the soil after harvest. Hemp helps curb greenhouse gas emissions because it is carbon neutral even when used for fuel oil. With this in mind, TEAM 420 intends to design and market a line of hemp-based eco-friendly sporting goods, foods, supplements and medicinal products.

The official formation of the team was accompanied by the opening of the TEAM 420 logo contest to the public and letting supporters choose their own banner. We received many great designs and finally decided to adopt a logo based on a submission by Owen Smith. After slapping this logo on some colourful hemp t-shirts, TEAM 420 was ready for action.

The first challenge for TEAM 420 was a practice match against the kids of the Blanshard Street Crew. The kids proved to be formidable opponents, giving TEAM 420 all we could handle and bringing boundless energy to the friendly competition. This practice match proved so successful that we will be inviting the Blanshard Street Crew, and any other teams wishing to test their mettle, back to the University Campus West gym for monthly drop-in dodgeball.

The 5th Annual Vancouver Islander Dodgeball Tournament, sponsored by 103.7 The Zone and Maude Hunter’s Pub, saw the public unveiling of TEAM 420. With Herb, the Hempology mascot, and the TEAM 420 cheerleaders in tow, we made the biggest splash of the morning at the Save-on-Foods Memorial Center. After winning the first game, the team lost the remainder in spectacular fashion to some extremely strong teams. However, we did take home first prize for best costumes, thanks to Herb, Superbud and Wonderbuzz, along with the TEAM 420 cheerleaders and other creative outfits. Rest assured that TEAM 420 will be back for more dodgeball in 2010!

TEAM 420 is now poised to take another step. Over the next several months a number of TEAM 420 projects will be launched. One of the most anticipated of these projects will be the release of our exclusive TEAM 420 sportswear at Sacred Herb: The Hemp Shop (561 Johnson St) here in Victoria. Look for these awesome togs in early fall! Another exciting development is the creation of other TEAM 420 merchandise like stickers, buttons and patches so that our fans will be able to turn their own equipment into official TEAM 420 gear! Further down the line we expect to provide a wide range of hemp-based sporting products. Already in the works are designs for hemp plastic bicycle helmets and Frisbee discs, a line of hemp fibre protective gear for skateboarding and cycling, food products, like a 420 Fuel bar for healthy hemp energy boosts and a line of therapeutic massage oils and salves useful for sports-related injuries.

We get asked everywhere we go what it takes to be a part TEAM 420. In reality, TEAM 420 is the easiest organization anyone will ever join - we only require that you get up and be active! Slap a TEAM 420 sticker on your skateboard or bike helmet, wear a TEAM 420 shirt to the gym, jogging or walking your dog. If you don’t have an official shirt, we even encourage writing “TEAM 420” on a shirt with a permanent marker. The official TEAM 420 logo is available online for download if you want to screen your own shirts and we are always open to new logo designs for future uniforms.

The idea behind TEAM 420 is to get people actively involved in any way possible. Toward that end, we have also formed the TEAM 420 cheerleaders in order to give our members with disabilities a participatory outlet. Often accompanied at larger events by Herb, the Hempology mascot, TEAM 420 cheerleaders are anyone who wants to come out, have fun and support their friends with cheers and applause. TEAM 420 will be providing cheerleaders with recycled hemp cloth pom-poms at our events and we will always try to have a few people on hand to cheer on our team members, no matter what the event. In addition to promoting cannabis culture, TEAM 420 strives to build bridges within the community at large. By participating in local charity events, we will prove that hempsters are a positive, active and vital part of the community.

The next big event to be held by TEAM 420 will be a Frolf (frisbee golf) tournament in East Sooke Park on Sunday, September 27. The details (team composition, registration, transportation, etc.) are still being worked out and will be finalized at the August 20 meeting of the Hempology 101 Fun-raising committee, scheduled for 2pm. Most of TEAM 420’s activities are determined during this planning meeting, so anyone interested in furthering TEAM 420 should attend! If you are interested in keeping up on TEAM 420 events, there is a Facebook group and the Hempology 101 internet forums will be flooded with regular updates.

If you are seeking more information about TEAM 420, interested in organizing a TEAM 420 in your league or sport, or curious about any TEAM 420 events please contact TEAM 420 General Manager, Chris Cant, at team420gm@gmail.com or TEAM 420 Captain, Ted Smith, at team420captain@gmail.com. They can both be reached by phone at 250-381-4220.

For those of you in the Victoria area, remember this Thursday, August 20, is TEAM 420 drop-in dodgeball at the University Campus West gym from 8-10pm.

Hope to see you there!
Peace,

Foxx
Foxxphyre

by Foxxphyre » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:19 pm

We are pleased to announce that the new TEAM 420 buttons and stickers, as well as our t-shirts, are available at Sacred Herb, our exclusive dealer here in Victoria.

For our supporters out of town, or looking for a larger order, we are offering a mail order service through the Hempology 101 website- www.hempology.ca
To make things easier for everyone, we will be offering our mail order items in bundles only:

1x Shirt, 1 x small button, 1 medium button, 2x stickers= 28$

2x shirts, 2x small button, 2x medium button, 4 stickers= 54$

5x shirts, 5x small button, 5x medium button, 10 stickers= 130$

10x shirts, 10x mall buttons, 10x dedium, 20 stickers= 250$

25x shirts, 25x small buttons, 25x medium buttons, 50x stickers= 600$

We will be accepting cheque or money orders as payment for the mail service. Please send your cheques or money orders payable to:

TEAM 420
826 Johnson St.
Victoria, BC.
V8W 1N3

We also request that mail order customers give us an idea of what color/size/style they would like their t-shirts in order to allow us to process the order quickly and to satisfaction. The available styles are currently mens and womens t-shirts and tank-tops in regular clothing sizes. A selection of colors will be available shortly.

For more questions, or to discuss an order, please contact TEAM 420 GM, Chris Cant, at TEAM420GM@gmail.com

Hope to see lots of TEAM 420 logos out there!
Foxxphyre

PreviousNext

Return to Hempology

• Advertisement