Follow
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:53 am
Change font size

  • Advertisement

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

by Helios » Mon May 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

Oct. 4th 2016 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Ted, Bill, Walbran Steve, Owen, Ty, Lisa, Judith, Ron, Chris, Sage, Bones, Justin, Evan, Karl, Rob, Steve P, Ginny, Jewls, Carol, Carl, Scotty, Nick

1) Welcome
2) Financial Report
3) Election of Board of Directors
4) Cannabis Digest
5) Student Clubs
6) Halloweed
7) Dispensaries & Variance
8) BC Independent Cannabis Alliance

1) Everyone is welcomed and introduced. Ted thanks everyone for their support.

2) We are still only about halfway to having the funds to publish the next issue. We've been able to pay Jenn monthly but unfortunately not Ted.

3) Ted prefaces the election with a brief description of a non profit society and the role of each of the members of the executive.

Steve P. Nominates - Ted
Walbran Steve Seconds

Bill Nominates - Ron
Ty Seconds

Walbran Steve Nominates - Owen
Steve P. Seconds

Ron Nominates - Bones
Chris Seconds

Ted Nominates - Jenn
Ty Seconds

Julia Nominates - Ty
Bones Seconds

Steve P. Nominates - Bill
Walbran Steve Seconds

Bones Nominates - Steve P.
Ted Seconds

Ted Nominates - Walbran Steve
Julia Seconds

4) Advertising rates are going to up significantly eg $300 for a full page ad will now be $400. This is the 50th issue and will be our last print of 10 000. Distribution of the last issue went well. Ted proposes taking all the people who distribute papers out for pizza at Romeo's once an issue.

5) UBC has their own smoking space which is unfortunately currently under construction. UVic has a vibrant & enthusiastic group of students this year taking the lead. There is a proposal to obtain office space in the SUB and possibly even a vapor lounge.

6) The possibility of sponsors is discussed. Ted needs experienced people helping hang the curtains for the Hotbox.

7) There will be another round of public meetings concerning dispensaries. Hempology may need to secure a variance to continue to function in the same space as the VCBC. There are 2 petitions in circulation regarding safe smoking sites.

8) The 1st Press Conference was last month. There was good media coverage. The BC NDP has reached out to begin discussions. The Alliance is off to a very good start and represents more Cannabis businesses and interests than any other Cannabis Alliance in the world.
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

Advertisement

by Helios » Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

Nov. 1st 2016 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Ted, Bill, Bones, Walbran, Judith, Lisa, Ty, Justin, Rob E., Ashlee, Ashtree, Chris, Hillary, Scotty, Oliver, Eve

Agenda
1) Welcome
2) Finances
3) Cannabis Digest
4) UVic
5) Halloweed
6) Executive
7) Dispensaries & The Green Ceiling
8) BCICA
9) April 20th

1) Everyone is introduced and welcomed

2) Jenn is pretty busy with her new job at Potent Industry and as such Ted is starting to work with Fuzzy to learn how to handle the finances himself. We will have enough by the end of this week to cover the 50th edition printing. We haven't started charging dispensaries $25 to be listed in the back. Advertising rates will be going up as previously discussed.

3) We had no problem getting rid of the last issue and the new one is going quickly. The pizza party at Romeo's before the next board meeting is planned. Online advertising is picking up.

4) Hempo101 UVic lost its bird to become an advocacy group. Other advocacy groups at UVic perceived us as a threat to their funding. In January we will host an all candidates debate at UVic. UBC is still rocking away with their 420's.

5) Last night was one of the best Halloweeds ever. Everyone had a great time and there were no notable incidents.

6) Walbran Steve nominates Ted Smith for President
Bill Stewart seconds

Bill Stewart nominates Ron Crossman for Vice President
Walbran Steve seconds

Walbran Steve nominates Bill Stewart for Secretary
Rob Edmunston seconds

Ted Smith nominates Jenn Gurak for Treasurer
Rob Edmiston seconds

7) Dispensaries have until Nov 22nd to submit their paperwork for licensing. The public hearings for Dispensaries will start in January. The VCBC will be granted an exemption for their smoking room. The fight for the Green Ceiling and other smoking spaces continues.

8) The BCIC Alliance will be having a press conference at the beginning of December to respond to the recommendations that will be handed down Nov. 30th by the Federal Task Force. The outlook is good for 'B.C.' solution or model for Legalization in B.C. The Alliance meets the 3rd Thursday of every month at The Green Ceiling.

9) It looks like we will be getting a permit for 420 this year. We are planning 8 hrs of music. There will be vendors as well. This event will be precedent setting.
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

by Helios » Wed May 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

Dec. 6th 2016 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Ted, Bill, Chris, Walbran, Steve P, Lisa, Rob, Justin, Bones, Ron, Owen, Stench, Maxine, Oliver

Agenda;
1) Welcome
2) Finances
3) Cannabis Digest
4) Student Clubs
5) Cannabis Carols
6) April 20th
7) Dispensaries
8) BCICA

1) Everyone is introduced and welcomed

2) We were able to pay Ted his $500 last month. We are owed approx $10 000 and Ted will be making an effort to start collecting. We will be starting to pay for Owen's $1 200monthly.

3) Joe is in charge of distribution and things are going well. We will be informing advertisers of the rate increase this month. We will start paying our writers soon. Our switch to a word search has gone well. We will do one hard crossword a year and make a contest of it.

4) UVic has two circles left this year. Next semester at the end of January we will be hosting a debate (hopefully in Vertigo) with either Provincial Politicians or Cannabis Industry members. It will be our 16th Annual conference. Not much news from UBC other than they are holding their regular 420s every week.

5) Solstice Caroling on the darkest day of the day of the year will be Dec 21st. 4:20 - 5:00 ending at the Green Ceiling.

6) Ted will approach City Hall to see about getting an exemption for smoking Cannabis for 420. We might have a sound system and are entertaining the idea of Vendors. We are aiming at Royal Athletic Park for next year.

7) The applications are in. Most of them were late. The hearing probably won't begin for about 6-8 months.

8) Hopefully at next weeks meeting a member of the Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses will be in attendance.
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

by Helios » Fri May 26, 2017 8:16 am

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

Jan. 3rd 2017 Board Meeting

In Attendance; James, Bones, Lisa, Ted, Justin, Paul, Chris

Agenda;
1) Welcome
2) Finances
3) Digest
4) Student Clubs
5) April 420
6) BCICA

1) Everyone is introduced and welcomed

2) Ted is getting caught up on all invoices for advertising. $ 13 000 owed. Owen's full salary and Ted's $500 paid last month. $250 a month expected from Crop King towards Owen's salary. Ad rates go up this issue 20 - 25 %. Dispensaries listed in back will be charged $25 per issue. We are hoping for 100 Dispensaries.

3) 3 weeks from tomorrow the new issue comes out. Distribution has been going well thanks to Joe. Next issue is at a minimum of 44 pages. Judith will not be editing this issue, Kristen will.

4) UBC seems to be more of a social club than an activist club. UVic is coming along Ted will be there tomorrow looking to book Vertigo for 3 debates at the end of the next 3 months.

5) We're going to have another unpermitted 420. Ted will be approaching the city about a permit for Royal Athletic Park for the next year.

6) The Alliance is moving smoothly along. The representative from the CFIB came to the last meeting. Going on a National campaign with this National alliance could be in the works.
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

by Helios » Fri May 26, 2017 8:55 am

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

Feb 7th 2017 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Bones, Walbran, Jenn, Bliss, Karl, Frank, Rob, Lisa, Steve P., Ty, Ron, Masashi, Beth, Becca, Owen, Sam, Sage

Agenda;

1) Welcome
2) Ted
3) Finances
4) Digest
5) Student Clubs
6) Textbook
7) 420

1) Everyone is welcomed and introduced.

2) Ted has had to step away to deal with his grief over Gayle's passing.

3) Finances are in a bit of a turmoil. We are looking for an accountant. We are trying our best to get the books together to keep the Digest going. Fundraising ideas are discussed, as well as the possibility of increasing membership fees.

4) The Digest is seeking more advertising and is trying to get the books in order as mentioned. It is suggested to write an article portraying our transition and struggle. We continue to grow online. Our monthly page hits are up to 80 000. Next issue will come out in the month of April. Stories can be submitted to hempo101@gmail.com. There is still the problem of what to do with old issues.

5) UVic should be ratified. We need to try to motivate students to do more with Hempology. We should always remember to act responsibly and respectfully when we are up there. UBC is puffing along with their daily 420's.

6) Ted's textbooks are still available for $20. $2 000 is owed to Gayle's estate and he would like to visit his parents this summer. He is willing to allow the rest of the proceeds to go to the club.

Bonez motions to accept Ted's request for money for his plane ticket
Walbran seconds the motion
Motion passes

Bonez motions to give Ted the proceeds and to donate back what he feels is appropriate.
Waqlbran seconds the motion
Motion passes

7) 420 may be at Save On Foods Arena.
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

by Helios » Fri May 26, 2017 9:08 am

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Emergency Meeting Minutes

March 4th 2017 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Bonez, Ron, Steve P., Bill, Ty (by phone)

Agenda;

1) Welcome
2) New Executive
3) Finances
4) 420

1) Everyone is welcomed.

2) Steve P. Nominates Bones for President
Ron Seconds
Bill Nominates Steve P. for Vice-President
Bones Seconds

3) We need to assess where the money is coming and going in relation to the Cannabis Digest. Expenses, and advertising, Print and online.

4) 420 will be at Centennial Square this year. We will be working with Dan Kilpatrick from Potent Industry
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

by Helios » Fri May 26, 2017 9:27 am

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

March 7th 2017 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Judith, Bones, Steve P., Ty, Jenn, Bill, Lisa, Bliss, Hope, Ron

Agenda;
1) Introductions and Welcome
2) New Executive
3) Finances
4) Cannabis Digest
5) Student Clubs
6) 420

1) Everyone is introduced and welcomed.

2) Bones is the new President and Steve Paulson is the new Vice-President.

3) We have enough money in the bank to pay for the next issue. The question is can we get enough money to pay Owen's salary.

4) The next issue is complete.

5) UVic is still having regular circles.

6) We will have 420 at Centennial Square. We will pick our security teams at the next Board meeting.
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

by Helios » Fri May 26, 2017 9:48 am

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

April 4th 2017 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Bill, Jenn, Rocket Ryan, Ron, Bones, Steve, Judith, Ty, Kristen by phone, Lisa, Owen, Carl, Hope, Jasper

Agenda;
1) Welcome
2) Finances
3) Cannabis Digest
4) Student Clubs
5) 420
6) Inventory
7) Websites
8) Team 420


1) Everyone is introduced and welcomed.

2) Joe should be paid $150 Ron puts forward the motion. Ty seconds. Taxes need to be done by an accountant. The textbooks will be going back to Ted.

3) It is $1 000 cheaper for 36 pages or less. We need to try and get other stores in Canada to carry the Cannabis Digest

4) Circles at UVic are almost done.

5) The costume contest will be going on. Ron & Bonez will work on prizes. The security teams will be headed by Bonez, Ron, & Becca

6) The Inventory will be done on Monday.

7) Websites are pushed to the next meeting.

8) Team 420 will go to Ted
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

by Helios » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

May 2nd 2017 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Steve P., Bonez, Owen, Bill, Becca, Troy

Agenda
1) Welcome
2) Finances
3) Digest
4) Future Events
5) Hempology's Role

1) Everyone is welcomed

2) Inventory still needs counting. We have no other financial information.

3) We are looking for more distributors nation wide. Owen and Kristen are working on the list. We are looking for website advertisers. The idea of doing strain reviews is discussed.

4) There are two events upcoming that the Digest is involved in. 1) Media sponsor for the Hemp Cannabis Conference in Vancouver. Bill and Owen will try to attend. 2) The GrassRoots Craft Cannabis Cup is coming up. We will have a table and a few volunteers attending. Owen will be speaking. 420 went really well. This Saturday is the Global Marijuana March. We will be attending the signs and Herb, weather permitting. Ron has persuaded Rocket Ryan to do a Dodgeball tournament. Involving Dispensaries is discussed. We are going to do Cannabis Day. We'll need questions made and prizes collected. We have one meeting beforehand. Ted's retirement is coming up. We'll ask if he needs help. We are planning on doing the Anniversary March in September.

5) Hempology tasks will be keeping Hempo 101 UVic going. Hempo 101 UBC is going steady under it's own steam. We will host 5 events annually and are open to expanding that if someone wishes to take the lead. The 5 annual events will be; 420, Cannabis Day, the Anniversary March, Hallowe'ed, and Cannabis Caroling.

Addendum; Notes from the acting Executive Director

1) Our first major event went off very well. Kristen is very proud of everyone for how well it went. Bill notably did an excellent job representing us in the media.

2) We still have a lot of Digests to deliver. We pay $10 per bundle for hand delivery.

3) We are rebuilding the Hempology website and would like a picture and approx. 150 bio from each of the Board members.

4) We need to look for Cannabis and Hemp allies across the country who might be interested in the Digest and willing to pay $25 per bundle.
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

by Helios » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:14 am

Int. Hempology 101 Society Board Meeting Minutes

July 4th 2017 Board Meeting

In Attendance; Bones, Bliss, Jenn, Fuzzy, Owen, Ginny, Steve, Ben, Bill, Hope, Scotty, Ron

Agenda
1) Welcome
2) Steve's Proposal

1) Everyone is Introduced and welcomed.

2) Steve Proposes dissolving The International Hempology 101 Society. The Society's Mandate has always been Legalization thru Education. With Legalization on the horizon and absent Ted Smith's leadership the Board feels it is wiser to dissolve as a non-profit society and for Hempology 101 to continue forward as a group of volunteers.

Steve Paulson moves to dissolve the Society, Bill Stewart seconds. Motion is voted on and passes 5 to 1 with 2 board members absent. The International Hempology Society is no longer a non-profit society.
Helios
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Victoria BC Canada

Previous

Return to Hempology

  • Advertisement
cron